Gaza’s war victims receive Kuwait aid for reconstruction of homes
RAMALLAH,� At least 1340 homeowners in Gaza received more than $16 million in Kuwaiti aid directed to help the Gaza Strip recover from Israel’s 2014 war, the Palestinian government’s National Office for Reconstruction said on Saturday.
According to this office, which is in charge of dispensing the Kuwaiti fund, the $16 million is the fourth payment from the fund bringing the total received so far by the victims of the war to $49 million out of a total of $75 million allocated for housing.
Another $6 million will later be dispensed to 665 families, said the office in a statement.
The Kuwaiti fund amounts to $200 million distributed among different sectors affected by the 51-day Israeli military onslaught that left tens of thousands of homes either totally or partially damaged.
Source: Palestine News & Info Agency (WAFA)