Presidency condemns settlers’ attack on Ramallah village

RAMALLAH, Saturday, The Presidency of the State of Palestine condemned on Saturday the attack by Jewish settlers earlier in the day on the village of al-Mughayer, northeast of Ramallah in the West Bank, and the ensuing clashes with Israeli forces in which a Palestinian was killed and nine others injured.

This [attack] reaffirms that the Israeli government is continuing its policy of escalation, the Presidency said in a statement as it blamed the Israeli government of Benjamin Netanyahu responsible for this escalation. This [escalation] will lead to serious consequences, further tension and the creation of a dangerous and uncontrollable atmosphere.

The Presidency reiterated its call to the international community to provide international protection for the Palestinian people.

Meanwhile, spokesman of the Palestinian government, Yousif al-Mahmoud, condemned the Israeli escalation against the village of al-Mughayer. He held the Israeli government directly responsible for the “brutal attack” by settlers on the village resulting in the murder of Palestinian youth Hamdi Na’san earlier today.

“Incitement, international silence and US support are what encourage the Israeli occupation to carry out its aggressive policy against our people,” al-Mahmoud said in a press release.

Source: Palestinian News & Info Agency

Related Post
GAZA, At least 49 Palestinians, including a medic, were injured by live bullets or rubber-coated
JENIN, Palestinian political prisoner in Israeli jails Ja'far Abu Hananeh completes today 15 years behind
THE HAGUE, Foreign Minister Riyad Malki urged the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC),