Islamabad: Pakistan has announced that the United States and Iran have reached an agreement to end their war, with the signing scheduled for Friday in the Swiss capital, Geneva. 'Following intensive negotiations, we are pleased to announce the conclusion of a peace agreement between the United States of America and the Islamic Republic of Iran,' the Pakistani Prime Minister said. 'Both parties have declared an immediate and permanent cessation of military operations on all fronts, including Lebanon.' According to Oman News Agency, the official signing ceremony will take place on Friday, 19 June 2026, in Switzerland, with deep gratitude expressed by the Pakistani Prime Minister to both nations for their commitment to a diplomatic resolution of the conflict. Mediators will facilitate a series of meetings this week to prepare the ground for technical talks and the official signing, the Prime Minister explained. US President Donald Trump confirmed that a peace agreement had been reached with Iran. 'An agreement has been concluded with the Islamic Republic of Iran,' Trump said. 'Accordingly, maritime navigation shall be opened, and the US naval blockade on Iranian ports shall be lifted immediately.' The Secretariat of Iran's Supreme National Security Council also issued a statement declaring that, under the agreement, the war and all military operations will permanently cease on all fronts, including Lebanon.
Related Articles
Italian Deputy PM engages in talks with Bou Habib to prevent Middle East conflict escalation
Italian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Antonio Tajani, on Monday held phone discussions with his Lebanese and Israeli counterparts, Abdallah Bou Habib and Israel Katz, in an effort to prevent the conflict in the Middle East fro…
Kataeb Party stands firm in face of slanderers: Others have vanished, but we remain
The Lebanese Kataeb’s Media Department issued a strong condemnation on Monday, rejecting recent accusations made by Hezbollah affiliates against party leader Samy Gemayel. The department denounced the claims as “unacceptable and baseless,” framing the…
Israeli Occupation Forces Launch Widespread Raids Across West Bank
Muscat: Israeli occupation forces carried out a series of raids across several cities and towns in the occupied West Bank today, arresting at least one Palestinian and conducting extensive searches of homes, according to local sources.
According to …
