– High performance PTP 650 offers greater capacity, security, global spectrum flexibility
and richer management services –
ROLLING MEADOWS, Illinois, Nov. 4, 2013 / PRNewswire — Cambium Networks™, a global leading provider of wireless broadband solutions, today launched PTP 650, a new sub-6 GHz addition to its field-proven PTP portfolio. The new product’s flexibility, high capacity, reliability and security are ideally suited for wireless backhaul applications for public safety, government, utilities, oil and gas and service provider markets.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/64205-cambium-networks-wireless-broadband-solution-debuts-ptp-650
“We are testing PTP 650′s integration with our existing equipment and are thus far impressed with its quality, performance and versatility,” said Jay Boddu, vice president and head of new business incubation, Juniper Networks. ”We look forward to working together with Cambium Networks to refine deployment schematics to successfully deploy the PTP 650 to enhance our overall solutions offering.”
“County Broadband’s service area encompasses north Essex and Suffolk, a sparsely populated area. We’ve been providing enterprise and residential customers with high-speed connectivity for a decade and have always been on the lookout for a product like PTP 650 that brings broadband connectivity to communities far from metropolitan centers,” stated Lloyd Felton, managing director, County Broadband. “PTP 650′s outstanding range appeals to us in our quest to cost effectively expand our network. Together with our trials of ePMP as an access point to PTP 650′s backhaul, we look forward to offering our subscribers even better voice, video and data services.”
This new wireless broadband platform offers throughput up to 450 Mbps, delivers 10 bps/Hz and operates in any frequency between 4.9-6.05 GHz. Through Cambium Networks’ patented technology, Dynamic Spectrum Optimization™, PTP 650 achieves maximum reliability through link optimization and offers a wealth of management services. The PTP 650 battles cyber-security threats through its data encryption and secure management features. This application-rich platform can be leveraged in a variety of networks to suit a wide range of needs:
- Oil and Gas – PTP 650 shines in harsh environments: It is able to transmit up to 120 miles (193 kilometers) over water and desert and from ship to shore, and platform to ship. It is the most reliable NLOS (non-line-of-sight) wireless broadband solution on the market for well field automation.
- Service Providers – PTP 650 allows service providers to respond to market changes and cost effectively capitalize on new opportunities. For cellular networks (cell on wheels, last mile connectivity to macro and metro cells, network diversity for business critical services and disaster recovery) that provide residential and enterprise connectivity, PTP 650′s aggregate throughput of up to 450 Mbps reliably delivers uninterrupted voice, video and data connectivity. For spectrum-congested areas, its ability to leverage a variety of channel widths – 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 and 45 MHz – make PTP 650 adaptable to any environment, from urban to greenfield deployments. With its ability to extend wireless and wire-line networks, PTP 650 helps service providers reach new enterprise customers delivering services like building-to-building or campus-style network connectivity for telemedicine from a hospital to a remote clinic or distance learning at a large university unable to fit all of a course’s students in one lecture hall.
- Utilities – With PTP 650, vast amounts of data can be reliably transmitted from densely populated areas to support Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) aggregation sites for smart grid. Substations also require low latency broadband services to improve automation and deliver video surveillance in their networks. As a wireless solution, PTP 650 saves public utility companies the recurring fiber and leased-line fees it would cost to backhaul a network with a wire-line solution.
- Public Safety and Government – PTP 650′s spectral flexibility makes it especially appropriate for disaster recovery and emergency services, and communications for special events when spectral agility is of the essence. Its 99.999% reliability, even in the most challenging conditions, also makes PTP 650 an excellent choice for video surveillance. PTP 650 achieves this reliability using 2×2 MIMO-OFDM technologies.
For all markets, PTP 650 assists in seamlessly and cost effectively migrating existing TDM (time division multiplexing) traffic and leased-line services to a private all-IP-based Ethernet network with support of IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack management. Its technology is software configurable, making PTP 650 networks scalable and flexible for growing network requirements.
“Network architects struggle with a scarcity of viable, reliable solutions for connectivity over challenging terrain, from ocean to desert,” said Jennifer Pigg, vice president, Yankee Group. “PTP 650 will be a boon to service providers, governmental agencies, oil, gas and utility organizations, and others looking to maximize both investment and bandwidth with features such as capacity boosts enabled by software upgrades, and spatially diverse antennas.”
PTP 650 is easy for technicians to install and maintain. Even prior to purchase, potential customers can use PTP LINKPlanner, Cambium Networks’ next-generation customized tool for designing and configuring point-to-point links. With LINKPlanner, interested parties can create hypothetical environments based on geography, distance, antenna height, transmit power and other factors to optimize system performance before purchase. With a built-in spectrum analyzer, installation crews can quickly locate available spectrum and troubleshoot the environment as needed. Once online, PTP 650 rapidly adapts to changing field conditions with fast Adaptive Modulation (AMOD), greatly increasing link reliability and efficiency.
“PTP 650 was engineered with our current customers’ requests in mind, as well as their future needs. We’ve improved on existing technologies such as AMOD, and added new ones like DSO, in increasing performance, reliability and security. These qualities ensure that losing connectivity is the last thing anyone – whether a hospital network administrator, first responder or oil rig technician – would think of with PTP 650 in their networks,” said Scott Imhoff, vice president of product management, Cambium Networks. “Its multi-band support and higher link capacity ensure that our customers and their end users realize the product’s maximum benefits in any environment.”
PTP 650 is now available on every continent through Cambium Networks’ distributors.
“Already, PTP 650′s wide range of capabilities has resonated deeply with a number of tier one service providers across the globe. The product is being tested in over 20 lab trials with some of the world’s most respected carriers in North America, Europe and Asia,” said Atul Bhatnagar, president and CEO, Cambium Networks. “Tremendously applicable across verticals, distances and environments, PTP 650 is primed to make a significant difference in securely and safely connecting the world.”
Cambium Networks Technology: Watch the video
Product page with image gallery: PTP 650
About Cambium Networks:
Cambium Networks is a leading global provider of wireless broadband solutions that connect the unconnected. Through its extensive portfolio of reliable, scalable and secure wireless broadband point-to-point (PTP) and point-to-multipoint (PMP) platforms, Cambium Networks makes it possible for all service providers; enterprises; governmental and military agencies; oil, gas and utility companies; Internet service providers; and public safety networks to build powerful, easily sustainable communications networks. The company currently has over four million of its access and backhaul radios deployed in thousands of demanding networks in more than 150 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago and with R&D centers in the U.S. and Ashburton, U.K., Cambium Networks sells through a range of trusted global distributors. For more information, visit: www.cambiumnetworks.com and www.connectingtheunconnected.org.
GolinHarris for Cambium Networks
+1 415 318 4379